Wave Nouveau Texturizing System
Wave Nouveau Texturizing System Shape Release [Step 1]
WAVE NOUVEAU TEXTURIZING SYSTEM SHAPE RELEASE [STEP 1]
Step 1 in the Wave Nouveau Coiffure system, Shape Release is a technologically advanced thioglycolate cream that effectively releases and softens hair to the desired straightness leaving hair feeling soft, smooth and silky.
PREPARATION OF THE HAIR
* Carefully follow recommended processing times and directions for use to avoid hair loss, hair breakage or skin irritation.
* Perform a strand test prior to application even if your client has previously used this or a similar straightening product in the past.
– Strand Test: Wearing gloves, separate a small swatch of hair at the back of the neck. Apply the reducing agent evenly to the swatch, starting about ¼ inch from the scalp (if the hair has already been straightened, only apply to new growth). Comb the reducing agent through the swatch very carefully, without force. Follow processing time for application directions not to exceed 15 minutes.
– In case of irritation, rinse immediately and thoroughly with warm water.
– During processing time, check the swatch of hair regularly every 2-3 minutes, until you achieve desired straightness; if desired straightness is achieved before the end of the processing time, use this time for overall application and more to the rinsing step. Never exceed this time. Proceed to apply rods using the Step 2 Shape Transformer. Follow application directions. Do not exceed maximum processing time.
– Keep the gloves on to rinse the swatch thoroughly with warm water and apply Step 3 Shape Lock for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly, dry the swatch and check that hair does not break and that the scalp is not irritated. If hair breaks or scalp is irritated during or after the test, do not use this product.
– Wear suitable, disposable gloves during application and rinsing of the product.
– Apply the reducing agent starting about a ¼ inch from the scalp. If the hair has already been straightened, only apply to new growth.
– Use a timer. The application time must be counted in the total processing time.
– Do not leave the reducing agent in contact with the hair for more than the time determined by the strand test; never exceed the maximum total processing time of 15 minutes. If the duration of the processing time is exceeded before the application is finished, rinse the treated area.
– Do not pull hair during application
– Do not leave treated swatches in contact with skin.
– Rinse thoroughly with warm water for at least 5 minutes until all traces of the reducing agent Step 1 Shape Release are eliminated. Keep the rinse water from running into the eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water and consult a physician.
– Apply Step 2 Shape Transformer follow instructions carefully.
This product may not be suitable for all hair types: It is essential to perform a strand test before application
– Read and follow safety warnings and instructions completely before using
– Ware suitable, disposable gloves throughout the straightening process.
– Do not use if the scalp is irritated or if you or your client has already had a reaction to this type of product.
– Do not use on hair that is breaking, splitting or otherwise damaged.
– Do not apply this product and permanent colour on the same day. Wait at least 14 days before applying permanent hair colour.
– To avoid hair loss or breakage, do not use on hair relaxed with a sodium hydroxide (lye), potassium hydroxide, lithium hydroxide, or guanidine carbonate (no-lye) relaxer, bleached hair, highlighted hair, or hair treated with henna or metallic salts.
– If irritation occurs during straightening, rinse immediately and thoroughly and use Step 3 Shape Lock according to instructions for use. If irritation persists, consult a physician.
– Avoid contact with eyes. Contact with eyes can cause permanent injury including blindness. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately and thoroughly with water and instruct client to consult a physician.
– Do not ingest. If swallowed, call a doctor, a hospital emergency room or Poison Control Centre immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
– Keep product out of reach of children. Do not use on children.
– Choose the Step 1 Shape Release suitable for your client’s hair. For colour-treated hair, use only the strength for sensitized hair.
– After using the product, instruct your client to wait at least 14 days before applying permanent hair colour.
– The final rinse must be thorough: rinse for at least 5 minutes.
42171 SS5 – Aqua / Water / EAU, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ammonium Thioglycolate, Paraffinium Liquidum / Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20, Ammonium Hydroxide, PEG-75 Lanolin, Parfum, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Pentasodium Pentetate, CI 45410 / RED 28